Training grounds

Thread starter #1

Phellic

Closed Alpha Tester
Would be nice to have a sort of training grounds where you could get aquainted with the controls. Have two sorts of static dummies, one which is passive and one who attacks within melee range, to practice swings, archery and magic aswell as parrying.

Would also be nice with a crafting table to make all the different weapons found in MR, although spawning with a worn shortsword, a bow and regeants is well enough to get the basics down. A chest for lockpicking could be added too.

Goltarion

Closed Alpha Tester
The training ground could also act as some kind of duel server. Let a lot of people spawn in, but only able to do damage to other players if both did /duel

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
Maybe these types of things could be possible when waiting in the que lobby?

I had a friend try with one of my extra keys and he suggested that there should be some way to mess around while waiting.

Malathion

Closed Alpha Tester
Maybe these types of things could be possible when waiting in the que lobby?

I had a friend try with one of my extra keys and he suggested that there should be some way to mess around while waiting.
At least ave access to key bindings, setting macros and maybe a chat box with everyone on que.
As for training ground. Good idea. Guys need to figure out the basics before they log in vs 10 vets. Or they’ll never come back.

Some kind of Tutorial would probably be a bit more helpfull. Like this one in chivalry where you practise all abilitys and can test them against an NPC before jumping into the bloody pit filled with rotting flesh and lots of corpses named MR.

Plopps

Closed Alpha Tester
Tutorial then also Arena 1 v 1 would be great additions, most of us have groups we play with so when trying MR they would likely duel with a friend who also doesnt know the game until they are familiar with controls.

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
A few times i have played and there was no ring of fire. If they later allow players a choice to join such worlds then that would possibly give players an opportunity to do these types of things more easily.

All great ideas imo. I was thinking when you join a server to play it would load you into the game at that point. Then lets say it puts you in a walled in arena with weapons etc, with other people, and you can practice and stuff. Then when the game starts it kills everyone and teleport them to the spawn points. This would also help with the fact that you have to wait for everyone to connect to start a game, so if one person has a really bad time connecting you can avoid it.