Mudjin Feedback 2019-01-06

Thread starter #1

Tehmudjin

Closed Alpha Tester
  • You get disconnected from the server while waiting for game very often. If you then click Play and rejoin it looks like youre connected again and you can see the countdown, but when it goes to 1 it stays there and you wont join the game.
    You need to click Play, then Log out, then Play again and search for the server to actually join the server again.

• The 4.5 minutes waiting time is way too long. I measured the time it took to get into a game for 8 games in a row and it was around 15 minutes not including loading screen. Waiting for players to connect can take over 3 min, maybe its not worth having everyone wait that long. Max it at 2 min at least?

• Mounts are to hard to stop and dismount from. Donkeys are almost impossible to stop unless you ride into something.

• The map isnt accurate. When standing on a bridge the map shows that the bridge is about 300 m away from you. Difficult to use map to find mountain passes.

• The circle closing in near Greater Natorus will "trap" people spawning in mage field unless they move very fast. Add stairs up the face mountain.

• During many games the first hit you take wont make any sound or animation so unless you look at the HP bar or chatwindow, you wont notice it.

• When hovering the mouse over an armor piece you dont have yet, it should show the increase in protection you get from equipping it.

• There should be more information when a game is over. Everyone should see who won and how many kills you got.

• When you equip a shield while already having a spear equiped, the spear unequips. You need to to shield first but should be able to go either way.

• Please increase lobby chat char limit. Its not fun chatting with a maximum of 41 chars.

Last edited:

Phellic

Closed Alpha Tester
The 4.5 minutes waiting time is way too long. I measured the time it took to get into a game for 8 games in a row and it was around 15 minutes not including loading screen. Waiting for players to connect can take over 3 min, maybe its not worth having everyone wait that long. Max it at 2 min at least?
This. For the new players I've talked to this is a huge issue, they simply don't want to stare at the screen. I know other games like PUBG and Fortnite sends you into the map once enough players has qued. Maybe do the same with MR, either restricted area or open up the entire map for people to explore (but still have everyone spawn in at around the same location). Might help with people loading in aswell, so we don't have to wait for that one player with a potato computer.

Mounts are to hard to stop and dismount from. Donkeys are almost impossible to stop unless you ride into something.
Can confirm. I both held and hammered the 'S' key but I couldn't stop. Only using 'F' would come to a complete halt, but I don't think many new players will realise this.

• When hovering the mouse over an armor piece you dont have yet, it should show the increase in protection you get from equipping it.
I like it the way it is, it's quick and easy to see if I'm missing that armour piece. I would like to see the colour yellow added when two armour pieces have the same stats, though.

When you equip a shield while already having a spear equiped, the spear unequips. You need to to shield first but should be able to go either way.
While you're at it add a keybind to switch between thrust and swing, or make spears thrust by default.

Thread starter #3

Tehmudjin

Closed Alpha Tester
I like it the way it is, it's quick and easy to see if I'm missing that armour piece. I would like to see the colour yellow added when two armour pieces have the same stats, though.
The way it is now you dont see any difference between hovering over a piece that you dont have yet or hovering over an identical piece that you have. This means you must either look at your chars screen to see if you have it or pick it up and have to delete it if you have it.

Its faster if you instantly know if you have the item or not.

Phellic

Closed Alpha Tester
The way it is now you dont see any difference between hovering over a piece that you dont have yet or hovering over an identical piece that you have. This means you must either look at your chars screen to see if you have it or pick it up and have to delete it if you have it.

Its faster if you instantly know if you have the item or not.
I know. That's what I meant with
I would like to see the colour yellow added when two armour pieces have the same stats, though.
Like, grey if it is on a unused spot and yellow if it is identical.

Edit: It was a bit confusing. Sorry about that.

Thread starter #5

Tehmudjin

Closed Alpha Tester
I know. That's what I meant with

Like, grey if it is on a unused spot and yellow if it is identical.

Edit: It was a bit confusing. Sorry about that.
Why overcomplicate it with a color system? Just let all items show the difference in protection from equiping it. Done.

Agree with all of this. Wait times from "Play" to actually in game playing are the biggest most common gripe I see. It seems a good majority that try give up before even getting into their first match.