More People

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
I know it is discouraging Chris, but it is really in the hands of the developers at this point.

Something needs to change to keep players in the game initially.

I dont think there is as much wrong with the game itself. It is very fun and addicting even with small numbers.

The problem is that the game does not maintain enough players to keep rounds consistently starting. Its a vicious cycle where players leave because there is not enough players and there is not enough players because people are leaving.

But I think one of the main issues currently is having to wait on a round to start.

Some dont like the ~5 min timer after getting 5 players. I dont think that would be much of an issue if there was actually a consistent playerbase of 30 players or so. Sure if you was in the first 5 you would wait 5 min, however you also could get in a que that is starting in just a few seconds depending on timing.

As it is now though the 5 min is adding onto what ever time you already waited to get 5 in the first place. I think that longer wait is the real issue here. It can turn a max 5 min wait into 30+ min. Very few are going to stick around for that once. Let alone want to start the process over after a quick round of a game they dont even know anything about.

All we can really hope for is that the Developers have a good understanding of the issues and find a way to address them.

As for the people on the discord. Sure there are some toxic people but many of them are just frustrated too. I guess all you can do there is try not to feed the trolls.

Phellic

Closed Alpha Tester
I know it is discouraging Chris, but it is really in the hands of the developers at this point.

Something needs to change to keep players in the game initially.

I dont think there is as much wrong with the game itself. It is very fun and addicting even with small numbers.

The problem is that the game does not maintain enough players to keep rounds consistently starting. Its a vicious cycle where players leave because there is not enough players and there is not enough players because people are leaving.

But I think one of the main issues currently is having to wait on a round to start.

Some dont like the ~5 min timer after getting 5 players. I dont think that would be much of an issue if there was actually a consistent playerbase of 30 players or so. Sure if you was in the first 5 you would wait 5 min, however you also could get in a que that is starting in just a few seconds depending on timing.

As it is now though the 5 min is adding onto what ever time you already waited to get 5 in the first place. I think that longer wait is the real issue here. It can turn a max 5 min wait into 30+ min. Very few are going to stick around for that once. Let alone want to start the process over after a quick round of a game they dont even know anything about.

All we can really hope for is that the Developers have a good understanding of the issues and find a way to address them.

As for the people on the discord. Sure there are some toxic people but many of them are just frustrated too. I guess all you can do there is try not to feed the trolls.
Well put.

I can give my personal opinion in that I play on and off and it's been mainly off because I'm waiting on Star Vault to react and start doing what they can to make the wait a more enjoyable experience.
You can't really force anyone, let alone a new player, to enjoy themselves while staring at a timer. Other games either loads you into the map while waiting for players to join or have a in-game lobby for you to be somewhat active in, and I believe that Mortal Royale desperately needs one of these options aswell.

I honestly have no idea what Star Vault is up to. Last I heard they were working on better tutorials, which is great aswell since new players could use a more clear description of the game and it's mechanic; but what I think new players need the most is to actually be able to play the game and not stare at timers constantly.