Long runs with no loot too be found.

Thread starter #1

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
A few times this weekend I found myself running for the early part of the game and finding no loot at all.

A couple times they was paths that pretty much had to be followed to get where needed to go. One was the choke point into MK from above. And another was the moutain ridge 'path' that as an alternative to going through the Bull head tunnel. The bull head tunnel itself could be too. I went into it once but cant remeber if I found loot in there.

A lot of the other mountain passes seem to be pretty empty as well.

I think as many of these places as possible should be identified and have static loot logically placed in them. Kind of like how towns and such have good loot.

Not only would this make it possible for players to find loot when they find themselves in such areas, it would also be risky to go to those places just for the loot.

Last edited:

Finnley

Closed Alpha Tester
Also the way into MK valley along the river has very little to no loot
I had two games where the endzone was ether MK or toxai and both times i spawned at the wrong side of the mountain
Had to move trough low loot areas for half the game.

Thread starter #3

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
Yes, exactly. These are paths that people will often have to take in these maps. So it seems like it would be good to place some loot along them.

These types of places would have logically had conflict in them due to their choke point nature.

Last edited:

DrKill

yeah would be nice to see more buildings or little camps with more loot, as i only noticed several fortresses and villages and if you dont spawn close to them then you'll most likely find that its all already been looted.

Plopps

Closed Alpha Tester
Definately I think easy improvements would be randomising placement of the quality loot, its always in the same spot so makes it boring. The other is like in MK, need loot along the main road and also the river path below. Also I always spawn on the wrong side of mountains for that fight and end up with 50% of players right there. Would be better to spawn in Toxai valley or even mountains north to make it more interesting.

Thread starter #7

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
I don't think the static places are all bad. It allows players to learn where things are so they can then try to use that knowledge/experience in future rounds. I think it could be seen as a form of progression.

That is not to say there is no room for good random loot as well though.

Tehmudjin

Closed Alpha Tester
Spawn all ghosts in the same spot with 1000 move speed and 60 sec before ressing.

Right now its unfair that some people spawn near towns and others in empty passes.

Teknique

Closed Alpha Tester
Spawn all ghosts in the same spot with 1000 move speed and 60 sec before ressing.

Right now its unfair that some people spawn near towns and others in empty passes.
I respect you mudjin but I don't agree. Towns are extremely common and you can rock a steel polesword and cosmoid pansar steel set without a town which is more than sufficient. not to mention with two handed swords in the ground that weigh 1.76 they're better than most weapon barrels

Maybe when theres more people in a game i'd agree

Tehmudjin

Closed Alpha Tester
I respect you mudjin but I don't agree. Towns are extremely common and you can rock a steel polesword and cosmoid pansar steel set without a town which is more than sufficient. not to mention with two handed swords in the ground that weigh 1.76 they're better than most weapon barrels

Maybe when theres more people in a game i'd agree
I must stand my ground on this point. Random spawn points doesnt give everyone the same opportunities and Idd like to see players having some control of it.

Thread starter #12

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester

I must stand my ground on this point. Random spawn points doesnt give everyone the same opportunities and Idd like to see players having some control of it.
I understand that MO players frown on randomness and want skill to trump over everything.

However, I think the randomness can shift the balance in favor of the less skilled at times and maybe give them a chance to have the upper hand against more skilled players once in awhile.

Otherwise you would mostly just have the same players on top with the best gear (though this still happens because skill does matter). Sure that may be what someone thinks they want however, it does not leave room for MR to grow past a small group of good players.

Plus MR rounds are short. If someone does not get good loot in one round then there is always the next. Besides the fact that a skilled player can beat out a less skilled player that has superior loot and take it from them. I know this is the case because there are people like me in the game that are easy to kill even with the good loot.

The empty passes you speak of though are more the issue that I would like to see addressed.

Last edited: