How about an update of any kind?

Herius

Developer
Staff member
We have been working on the Map, making certain areas easier to get in and out of.
Added more loot to areas that were a bit low on it.
And of course a few bug fixes.

Tehmudjin

Closed Alpha Tester
I think there is a big demand for information on both MR and MO. How often dont we hear frustrated players complain about things, saying that SV doesnt care and does nothing. I think it would be good for both the playerbase and for SV if everyone knew what was going on.

There should be a in dept weekly update post about what has been going on at the office, what has been done in the game and what the plans are for the near future.

Is there a list of things to be done before releasing fully on steam? How will you get attention for the game when that happens? When will group games be available?

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
Yeah, They have strayed away from the regular updates again it seems.

There have been a number of shakeups for sure. But it would be nice to see some signs of them getting back on track again.

Also not sure if they expected more from MR at this point. The lack of players may have taken the wind out of their sails.

Last edited:

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
That's why I stopped playing ha ha
Same. I really enjoyed playing but have not played for some time now.

Its just not worth waiting for players and SV doesn't seem to be doing anything to address those issues.

They surely are not paying any attention to these forums. That much is painfully obvious.

Phellic

Closed Alpha Tester
I stopped playing aswell and I won't be back until there is a patch/update of some kind.
What will make me play more permanently would be an overhaul in how the game handles the waiting time (start up the map to play on while waiting / "in-game lobby". You know... the stuff that's been suggested a thousand times already), or if the game magically gains enough players to make the que-time almost non-existant.

I don't think Starvault has stopped caring for the game or anything, they are just painfully slow in releasing updates. Mortal Online recently recieved a patch so hopefully it won't be too long until we get one for Mortal Royale aswell.

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
I hope when they start talking again they have positive stuff to say about MR. I would be really sad to hear conformation of them stopping development of it.

I think the game was/is a lot of fun to play and that there was actually a lot of interest in the game from new players.

I still believe that the main issue was having to wait when there is not enough players to start a round. That is pretty much the only reason I stopped checking in. It wasn't that I didn't want to play. It was because I couldn't.

I think they should allow players onto a storm free server initially. That server could have the vote to start a round at which point the server closes and everyone in it loads into the battle one.

Though only the battle one would give you devotion and kill counts, ect..

Last edited:

Phellic

Closed Alpha Tester
I don't think they check these forums anymore honestly. If we really want an answer it's probably better to ask them on either discord or Mortal Online forums.

Would be a shame if they gave up on the game. Hopefully they haven't. Indeed, it would seem as a lot of the trouble of getting people to play has been with the que times.
I hope if they are working on Mortal Royale in the new engine alongside Mortal Online 2 that they can keep Mortal Royale up for us to still play on - given that they fix the que and wait issues.

I think they should allow players onto a storm free server initially. That server could have the vote to start a round at which point the server closes and everyone in it loads into the battle one.
This would be enough of a change to keep me playing for a long time, while waiting for an eventual Mortal Royale 2 in a new engine :)

Amadman

Closed Alpha Tester
Yeah.. The devs are pretty quite on all fronts here lately. But it does seem exceptional quite here.

If they have any thoughts of continuing with this then they will look here at some point. At least there is not that much for them to sift through.

Phellic

Closed Alpha Tester
Mortal Royale will also move over to Unreal Engine 4, and the development will continue using that engine.
Is there an rough estimate for when we can play Mortal Royale in the new engine? Like, is it in a few weeks, months, or really far into the future? Just wondering because I had a lot of fun with Mortal Royale and am looking forward to it being updated and further worked on.