De-sync.

Thread starter #1

Rorry

Closed Alpha Tester
Please fix the the de- sync, not sure why it is so much worse on MR than MO, but for me it is unplayable (though it wasn't bad in the first tests.) I see people throw spells while still holding a weapon, take damage before a person swings, or without them actually pulling their weapon back, sometimes they stand in a T pose while parrying or parry without their weapon drawn. I look behind me and see them swinging repeatedly at a point two meters behind me, all while taking damage and if I turn and manage to parry they are far too far away for me to hit them. I loved the game in the first few tests, played 75 hours in the 2nd-5th tests, but since then (it started to get really bad in the 5th test, I think it was,) I can't enjoy it and it makes me sad. I skipped the last test altogether, and tried a round just now to see, but nope.

Teknique

Closed Alpha Tester
I see people throw spells while still holding a weapon, take damage before a person swings, or without them actually pulling their weapon back, sometimes they stand in a T pose while parrying or parry without their weapon drawn. I look behind me and see them swinging repeatedly at a point two meters behind me, all while taking damage and if I turn and manage to parry they are far too far away for me to hit them. .
I don't really see any of that. What I do see is that its much more nodeliney and framedropey than MO, which is odd since there aren't really any nodelines as far as i'm aware.

As for people hitting you from range, it is client sided after all so if someone does some crazy mouse flick its going to potentially look like you got hit from really far away.

It does seem odd though when people seem to have really long range

Thread starter #9

Rorry

Closed Alpha Tester
I understand about it being client side from playing MO. It just was being much worse than MO. I even fought some people that I have fought many times in MO with no issue that were a problem on MR servers.

I do have some problem with frame drop and micro freezes in MO (especially near Tind and dense tc) which I am told is likely due to my AMD processor. MR is generally better in this regard.